Before I begin, I'll let you know right now, I'm not the developer of the program. The developer is "bigmuscle". I only linked his forum and info about the program here, so people in deviantART can be informed and have the opportunity to test it.
--------How do I use this?--------
WARNING: Any damage done to your system is not mine or bigmuscle's responsibility, take caution when using this program as it's currently an unstable build.
You first MUST be running a Windows 8. Supports x86 and x64 builds!
- Download the DWMHook (Release Candidate 1) here: [link]
As always, EXPECT BUGS!
If you find a bug, or the program crashes, send your feedback and/or crash.log to bigmuscle at the MSFN thread, doing so will help improve this project.
---------Info from bigmuscle for this current build---------
* fixed hook return values on x64
* fixed compatibility with old 64-bit udwm.dll
* fixed exception handler when settings loading crashes
* fixed crash when removing D3D device
* do not generate occlusion for border-less windows
* fixed bug when source box does not fit into screen height in CopySubresourceRegion
* produce minidump on crash instead of crashlog
Happy Testing! Please share this, so more people are informed of the project!